Alive Culinary Coaching Gluten Free, Lactose Free Conversions:
Buttermilk: Lactaid plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
All Purpose Flour: Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Flour
Butter: Melted Coconut Oil or Earth Balance Buttery Spread
Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Salted Butter, melted (plus 3 Tablespoons for brushing on top)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In small bowl, combine buttermilk and melted butter. Small clumps will begin to appear.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Using two spoons or ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop biscuit dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheet. Shape and smooth out biscuit dough with hands. Repeat.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Brush the biscuit tops with remaining 3 Tablespoons of melted butter.
- Serve with butter and jam.